Monday, February 20, 2012



My Dad is a cancer survivor. I hesitate to say those words because I understand this disease and how it comes back with a vengeance to claim the life that slipped out of its vicious grips. I trust in GOD and in his LOVE and ability to HEAL and because of this tiny amount of faith embedded on my heart I will say it out loud and proclaim for all to hear.... MY DAD IS A CANCER SURVIVOR AND BY THE GRACE OF GOD, THE SKILLED HANDS OF THE SURGEONS, THE CARING TOUCH OF THE NURSES AND ALL THE PROFESSIONALS WHO TOUCHED MY DAD IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER HELPED HIM SURVIVE THE CANCEROUS TUMOR THAT GREW TO THE SIZE OF A BASEBALL IN HIS COLON. Incredible, amazing, miraculous are some words I can use to describe this event in our lives. I will also choose fear, anger and solitude to describe this event. I am grateful and can't thank those that helped us through. I am most amazed with my Brother and his UNCONDITIONAL LOVE, STRENGTH AND DEDICATION. My Dad and My Brother remain the heroes of my life.

No comments: